Transmission repairinvolves a lot of components. Critical is proper diagnosis. What you fear may be a major overhaul could be something minor and easily reparable, especially when caught early on.
Some of our transmission services include:
- Complete Automatic Transmission Overhauls
- Replace Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Transmission Tune-ups
- Transmission Filter Replacement
- Differential Overhauls
- Transfer Case
- Clutch Repairs
- Electronic Diagnosis
- Torque Converter
- Hydraulic System
- Computer Controls
- Seals and Gaskets
Servicing your transmissionis worth the time. Check your owner's manual, but for optimum protection, change the fluid and filter every 30,000 miles or give us a call. Driving conditions such as towing, accelerating fast or frequently, etc. factor into the service time-frame.
Symptoms to have checked out:
- Problems when transmission is trying to make a gear change.
- Slipping in Reverse
- Pops out of gear
- Problems when you first engage the transmission
- Trouble when accelerating
- Transmission fluid leaking
- Manual transmission refuses to budge when you depress the clutch
Automatic transmission fluid is red, clear and a little sweet-smelling when the transmission is running fine. If you see a dark color with a burnt odor, get it checked.
Check your transmission fluid twice a year. Maintain the proper fluid level, and be careful not to overfill.